Wednesday, May 14, 2014

St-Jean-Pied-de-Port II

Well here I am in St-Jean-Pied-du-Pont,  and I decided to take a rest day, hoping my foot will feel better tomorrow, and that I can take it a little easier from now on. I have walked for 8 days, and have 46 more days to go til my birthday in Santiago. I seem to have come about 90 miles so far, and officially have 490.3 miles to Santiago. To have to get up and walk for the next 46 days (or over 490 miles) might seem like a lot, but not if we make it a parable of life - don't we all have to get up for the next 46 days (and many more besides) and walk that day's path, whatever it might be. Don't we all wish that the path will be level and smooth, any don't we all have to accept the hills and mountains that life places before us, don't we have to accept the sunny and the cloudy days alike?
May your pilgrimage today be blessed!