Thursday, May 29, 2014

Belorado

Well today started off much better than yesterday, but nothing to blog about. A little blue sky, but mostly cloudy, such that you never really saw your shadow. I did get warm enough to take off my outer shirt, but put it back on later in the morning as the wind picked up. Dark clouds all a around, but no rain.
The trail was basically level, though we are approaching some mountains, so we are starting to. climb a bit. We passed several villages with medieval roots, but only the first - Grañon - had the church open and had another nice 17th century altarpiece and nice side chapels and all. I guess the 17th century was that time when if you had the means, you added a baroque altar with reredos. There is some amazing work and craftsmanship in those things.
We went through several others also, one medieval town begins to look like every other medieval town. Actually I was planning on stopping one town back, but I got there before noon, it only had one small hostel, while the next town, this one - Belorado - has several large hostels. The one I'm at has room for 98 pilgrims, I know several rooms are already full. Plus it's the first one you come to on your way into town, I didn't want to walk any farther. But now I'm feeling relaxed, I can catch up on emails, and take it easy. I lost contact with my friends, John and Alec, as they were moving at a faster place than I. But if they take a rest or are delayed, I might catch up with them again.
Didn't have a good WiFi connection last night. So on my way out of town I stopped for breakfast at a cafe with WiFi and sent off yesterday's blog. So that was what that was all about. Hope you got it. This should go off early. Love to all.