Saturday, June 14, 2014

Leon II

I have had a day of rest today, sleeping late, visiting a few sites, taking a long afternoon nap (I mean rested my legs of course for the coming mountains). Because this evening I met my good friend Fr Paul Niemann (St Louis archdiocese) at the train station, and we will be finishing (God willing) the pilgrimage to Santiago together. Fr Paul and I were in the Seminary together and both turn 60 this year, though he was ordained a year ahead of me. So I now have a traveling companion. We had set up this meeting date long ago not knowing where I would be or how long it would take me to get here, so I have been trying to time it so that I would arrive here today also. I did pretty good, only one day early. So I met him at the station, brought him back to the hostel where I found us a room for two nights (we're going to see the sights of Leon tomorrow), then went out to see where some of the sites are, and get us supper. The wind was cool and picking up so we are back in our room, settling in for the night.
May God be with you all this night too.