Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Calzadilla de los Hermanillos

I lolly gaged around the hostel till after 8 this morning, and started down the Camino. There were two routes available to follow. One was a senda along side of the highway, and most of the crowd of pilgrims seemed to be happy taking it. The other route followed the ancient Roman road and was a bit longer and certainly another long remote stretch of trail. Since I have plenty of time right now, I was more than happy to take the remote route along the old Roman road. One has to trust that this is the Roman road as it looks much like any gravel road these days, but route and foundation was laid down more than 2000 years ago. So they say. The walking was level and easy, though not much shade. The land was very flat with either wheat fields or scrub Oak.
So I got here to Calzadilla de los Hermanillos before noon and before the hostel opened at 1.
They have a park with a section of the Roman road and displays showing its constriction. It's very interesting. The rest of the village seems to be nice newly constructed houses, though one doesn't really see a lot of people in them or on the streets. So I've already explored the village and am resting my legs until it's time to look for some supper.
I'm thinking of all of you and missing everyone. Love to all.