Thursday, June 25, 2015

Thursday, June 25

Back to my trembleur today. The vibration problem continued, so we switched to a heavy duty steady rest, that helped allot, and by the time I was able to get a few more inches done, it was short enough to spin nice and smooth. So the turning became a real joy from then on, and i was able to experience how the tool and wood is supposed to interact. I could have probably gone down under 2 mm (1/10 in), but since I am planning on bringing it home, and it will have to travel a bit, Jean-François said to keep it at 2.5 mm.
So basically it is done. I didn't have any disasters, praise God. There is just a little finishing on the end, or maybe even redo it, as I was just winging it at the end and am not too pleased with that part, but that's a small thing. So it was a good day. Hope yours was also.