Monday, June 29, 2015

Monday, June 29

Well, the best laid plans oft go astray! But I guess these plans weren't laid too well. As I was on the way to Barcelona, I was realizing that it was farther than I had counted on, and that if I stuck to my plans it would a very long drive back to the airport on Wednesday and was already trying to figure out how to cut my trip short and begin the trip back. Well I made it to the outskirts of Barcelona, took the wrong exit and found myself in the most confusing mess. It was an old part of town, the streets were narrow, one lane, one way, with cars parked along both side, in more than an hour of driving around in circles, I never found a single parking place, I did find the street where the hostel was located and there was construction closing the street, which was one way and impossible to get in from the other direction, so when I found myself back on the highway ramp, I said the heck with it and headed back. So I'm back in Narbonne, and will be taking my time tomorrow and Wednesday driving on back toward Nice and the airport. So while I was a little slow realizing I had bit off too much, I am happy to be heading in the right direction anyway.
Enjoying another peaceful evening. Miss you all.